Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Big Question

So I have decided to address the biggest question I have faced since starting my coupon shopping.

Why do you do it? It can't be worth it? You are doing as much as a second job!

I hear these questions a lot. Yesterday I was actually ridiculed by a guy at work because I was working on my coupons at my desk during my lunch break.

His ridicule made me wonder for all of a few seconds. Then I remembered why I do this.

Yes, it does take a lot of work. Yes, it is over whelming sometimes. But, I have said it before, and I will say it again. I am a mom and partner first. The three people who I am responsible for make every minute that I spend couponing worth it.

My coupon shopping allows us to have food on the table, a roof over our head, and the bills paid. Before I started this our grocery spending was in excess of $600 a month. Now I am able to feed all four of us, and all six animals for under $300.

I hope that as I continue to grow in this endeavor I will be able to lower that amount even more.

I thought that this would be a good time to show you what I do each week in order to accomplish this.

These pictures were taken this week on my iPhone so they are not the best quality.

I start on Saturday by reading the coupon preview on Refund Cents. This helps me decide how many papers I am going to want.

This week I learned that there were going to be five inserts in the paper. One Proctor and Gamble Brand Saver, One Kellogg's insert, One Red Plum insert and two Smart Source. Based on this I decided to get 20 papers. This is by far the most I have bought, but I used my ECB's and gift card. So I didn't have to pay out of pocket making it a great start to the week.


This is one stack of coupons, only one quarter of the ones I clipped this week.
The remaining three fourths of the coupons waiting to be clipped.
My recycle bin in my office. I give this a work out when I clip at work.
This is one bag of two of clipped coupons. Time to start sorting.

No comments:

Post a Comment